Listen Up Submissions
Are you a solo artist or in a band and you want to get your music heard and reviewed? Then you've come to the right place! My readers are discovering new music right here within the blog entries of Listen Up, where I personally share the stuff I'm listening to.
Want your music to be featured in a future blog? Fill out the form below, but please ensure you read this numbered nonsense first.
- Before you do anything, note that I will not review Country, Rap, or most Hip Hop. This is not because I don't ever listen to or appreciate these genres (quite the opposite, actually), it's more because I do not feel properly qualified to review it for you and do it the justice your work deserves. If your music is just about anything else, please proceed.
- I only share 5 songs per week (at this time), giving preferential treatment to songs I like the most, and then on a first come, first serve basis. I will always let you know when/if I'm going to feature your song within a week (no later than two weeks) of your submission. I cannot guarantee I will let you know if I won't feature it.
- I am only looking for one song, but if this one song comes from an album you are promoting, please ensure you note the album in the "Extra Details" field below.
- Note that I only show music via YouTube embeds on the blog because those translate to the mail list better, so you'll want to ensure your music is on that service if you want to submit. If you also have a SoundCloud and/or Spotify link for it please share it in the "Extra Details" so I can add it to my playlist there (I'll add the YouTube version to another playlist on that service as well).
- Make sure you have a bio prepared - just cut and paste in the proper field.
- If your music is for sale, make sure you mention where it can be purchased, whether it's a catch-all website that has links to many services, or just one service you want to focus on.
- It's very important that you include a genre and your biggest influences.
- Don't forget your website and social media.